By KEK PEGGY
This e-book celebrates the twentieth Anniversary of Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM), that is a political discussion strategy bringing jointly governments and civil society individuals from Asia and Europe. The publication depicts the evolution of Asia-Europe relatives because the beginning of the ASEM, a casual political discussion procedure, initiated in 1996. The e-book chapters are contributed by means of leaders of Asia and Europe together with Head of states and Ministers from Asia and Europe. it's a particular e-book commemorating and celebrating twenty years of Asia-Europe relations.
- Foreword (Ambassador ZHANG Yan)
- Introduction: ASEM at 20 (Peggy KEK)
- The Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM): A Bridge among East and West (GOH Chok Tong)
- Building on two decades of ASEM: increasing Connectivity and Inclusion (Chimediin SAIKHANBILEG)
- Connectivity: Shaping the way forward for ASEM (ZENG Peiyan)
- 20 Years of Asia-Europe assembly from 1996 to 2016: An lively Partnership — prepared for the following many years (Frank-Walter STEINMEIER)
- Making Employability paintings: Indonesia's adventure (Anies BASW EDAN)
- The starting and way forward for ASEM: the opportunity of the Silk highway venture and the AIIB (Romano PRODI)
- Japan's Initiative for the Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM) (Fumio KISHIDA)
- Building a Joint destiny for ASEM: View from Kazakhsta (Erlan IDRISSOV)
- Connectivity because the Key characteristic of ASEM's 3rd Decade (Jean ASSELBORN)
- The monetary and Social importance of Creativity (Jet BUSSEMAKER)
- Role of tradition and the humanities for the promoting of Mutual realizing and improvement among Asia and Europe (KIM Jongdeok)
- Sweden's Contribution to the ASEM casual Seminars on Human Rights (Margot WALLSTRöM)
- Reflections on ASEF (Tommy KOH & Peggy KEK)
- About the Editor
- About the Series
ASEM: New Beginnings:
ASEM: the long run, construction at the prior and Present:
ASEM AND ASEF:
Readership: Policy-makers, lecturers and normal readers attracted to Asia-Europe relations.
Read Online or Download 20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS PDF
Best international affairs books
This is often the 1st accomplished research of the improvement of kinfolk among Russia and NATO because 1991. because the re-emergence of Russia as an autonomous country in December 1991, debates and controversies surrounding its evolving family with NATO were a admired characteristic of the eu defense scene.
After Fidel Castro's guerrilla struggle opposed to dictator Fulgencio Batista triumphed on January 1, 1959, the Cuban Revolution got here to be obvious as a big watershed in Latin American heritage. the 3 a long time following Castro's victory steadily marginalized Cuba from the Latin American mainstream. yet, as long-time Cuba observer Thomas C.
This publication explores how George W. Bush’s Freedom time table for the center East and North Africa used to be conceived and carried out as an American nationwide curiosity, from the Bush period throughout to the preliminary phases of the Obama management. It highlights how the main issue offered by means of September eleven 2001 resulted in regime switch in Afghanistan and Iraq, yet extra extensively how American coverage in the direction of the quarter had a softer imperial aspect, which drew on broader fiscal theories of democratisation and modernisation.
Forging the realm brings jointly major students in diplomacy (IR) and verbal exchange reports to enquire how, whilst, and why strategic narratives form the constitution, politics, and rules of the worldwide approach. placed easily, strategic narratives are instruments that political actors hire to advertise their pursuits, values, and aspirations for the overseas order through handling expectancies and changing the discursive atmosphere.
- India at the Global High Table: The Quest for Regional Primacy and Strategic Autonomy (Geopolitics in the 21st Century)
- Bolivar's Dream Come True?
- Look East to Act East Policy: Implications for India's Northeast
- Iran-Turkey Relations, 1979-2011: Conceptualising the Dynamics of Politics, Religion and Security in Middle-Power States (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- Cuban-Latin American Relations in the Context of a Changing Hemisphere
- Contemporary Conflicts in Southeast Asia: Towards a New ASEAN Way of Conflict Management (Asia in Transition)
Extra resources for 20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS
20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS by KEK PEGGY